Friday, October 9, 2009

Ok, so I suck at updating often, but whatev, I've been busy...and kinda lazy I guess.

Anyway, I've had a lot going on with work, but I will nonetheless be releasing a single on iTunes next week! We're pretty hyped about that...by "we", I mean Diversatile, my group...which consists of Acin, Morelli (myself), and DJ Trace 1NE. The single is called "I Get Real", and is a direct shot at all that trendy/pop hip hop shit on the radio over the past couple of years. The track was recorded back in '07, but it's incredible how it still applies today. With more and more wack ass rappers and groups coming out, this song will hopefully be part of the new movement of real hip hop making its way back to the surface. We'll see how it goes, but regardless, we're hyped about it...as it's been a LONG time coming...and we fuckin' deserve it! Real talk! Don't get me wrong, I'm not bragging at all, but the track is fire! Both Acin's and myself spit a verse about keeping it real in the hip hop game, and in general. We were planning on releasing an EP of 5 or 6 tracks that we have done, but we decided to drop a single now to get the ball rolling at least. We're planning to drop a 2nd single shortly after the release of "I Get Real", so I'll keep y'all posted. Either way, it should be a great way to end the year...and begin 2010, for that matter.

On a separate note, my DJ group, G-Factor, will be spinning at Moonchine in Miami this Saturday, from 8-9:30pm. We're pretty hyped about that as well. I'm pretty much sick of having to work and not being able to pay some bills off quick...so yea, we're trying to be even more aggressive about making it in this fucked up business. It is what it is, so we just gotta stay focused and on point with our shit. I guess I can include some of the new/newly discovered/newly rediscovered music that I've been jamming to lately...so here goes...

The Toxic Avenger - Bad Girls Need Love Too - EP
La Roux - Bulletproff
Drake - Forever
Blatta & Inesha and Congorock - Stepoff!/People
Erol Alkan & Boys Noize - Waves/Death Suite
Kanye - Better Than I've Ever Been/Classic
Brand New Heavies - Heavy Rhyme Experience: Vol. 1
- Excursions: Remixes & Rare Grooves
- The Brand New Heavies Download
P.M. Dawn - The Best of P.M. Dawn
Soul II Soul - Volume 1: Keep On Movin'
Ronald Clark - Get Deep (Timmy Regisford Shelter Mix)
Fatboy Slim vs. Funkagenda - What the Fuck - EP
Diddy vs. Felix da Housecat - Jack U (Remixed) - EP
Consequence - Whatever You Want - Single
Deadmau5 - For Lack of a Better Name (Bonus Track Version)
Dirty Money - Love Comes Down
- Angel (featuring The Notorious B.I.G.)

No comments: